1. Discuss the latest novel therapies for the management of heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias, and
2. Describe the nursing implications for various cardiac and pulmonary vascular treatment modalities.
3. Cite the latest pharmacotherapies used in the management of cardiac diseases and stroke
4. Review past research studies used to provide the best evidence-based guidelines in practice today.
5. Analyze the continuum of care for patients with advanced cardiovascular disease.
1. Explain the pathophysiology of pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vascular disease.
2. Describe the guideline directed medical therapy for the management of heart failure.
3. Examine the pathophysiology of hyperlipidemia, current pharmacology, treatments and nursing
4. Recognize common complications and nursing interventions for the care of the open heart surgery
5. List the nursing implications for the management of patients with cardiogenic or respiratory shock on
extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.