1. Outline strategies for the treatment of hypertension, hyperlipidemia, arteriosclerotic heart disease, and diabetes, including the use of newer pharmacological agents and lifestyle therapies.
2. Identify candidates for cardiac resynchronization and wearable versus implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapies.
3. Encourage gender-specific approaches toward the prevention of cardiovascular health.
4. Describe current and emerging treatment options for patients with valvular heart disease.
5. List the latest recommendations for the management of pulmonary embolism, ST, and non-ST elevation MI.
6. Discuss treatment options for the heart failure patient including acute and advanced failure.
7. Apply knowledge gained in the conference through clinical case review and MOC cases.